I’m so pleased to welcome Alex of Don’t Eat the Spatula to my blog today! Alex posts great recipes over on her blog, including a tooootally delicious-looking AIP-friendly Cherry Turnover recipe! Enjoy her braised cabbage recipe, and be sure to check out her blog!
My name is Alexandra Raver, and I am so excited to be guest posting for Leslie!
Just a little about me. I am a wife, cat mom, and lover of food. I am using the autoimmune protocol to heal from PCOS, leaky gut, and adrenal fatigue. When I am not working full‐time as a student recruiter and cooking up fun new recipes, I enjoy practicing yoga, walking my cats, reading sappy romance novels, and cooking for friends and family. On my blog, Don’t Eat the Spatula, I share delicious and simple recipes using real food, and my steps and missteps in my journey of healing. You can also connect with my on Facebook and Instagram.
The recipe I am sharing today is a very simple way to make cabbage that can be cooked up at the beginning of the week and used as leftovers with almost any dish. I usually make a batch of this every week to have it as an easy side.
- Heat avocado oil in a large frying pan over medium‐high heat.
- Once oil is hot, add in 1⁄2 of the sliced cabbage. Stir to coat with oil and let cook down for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the cabbage, stir to combine and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Mix in salt and pour in bone broth.
- Bring broth to boil then reduce heat to simmer and cover.
- Cook for 20 mins covered.
- Remove from heat and serve as a side to your protein.